South Sudan wants to become a free and sovereign nation. They have been fighting the Northern Sudanese since the 1970s, and are tired of suffering under the heel of the Sudanese government. Thus independence - and only independence - is the goal here, as anything short of liberation will be utter failure. They also would like to gain the sympathy and recognition of the international community.
South Sudan is also currently plagued with famine and disease, more so than the North. This has led to mass displacement and migration of Southern people to the North where food, jobs, and healthcare are far more available. A goal of the South is to better the situation of their people so that they may prove to the world that they are stable enough to govern themselves independently.
South Sudan must ensure that the agreed-upon referendum does in fact take place, as the North has broken its promise of a Southern vote of independence time and time again.
Salva Kiir Mayardit, current President of the South Sudanese State and Vice President of Sudan, will act as chair.
- Oyay Deng Ajak, State Minister of Security
- Lam Akol, National Minister of Cabinet Affairs
- Garang Diing Akuong, State Minister of Finance
- Gier Chuang Aluong, State Minister of Roads and Bridges
- Gordon Kong Chuol, advisor in the national government
- Taban Deng Gai, governor of the Unity State, State Minister of Mining
- Faustino Atem Gualdit, original founder of the SPLA
- Michael Milli Husein, State Minister of Health
- James Wani Igga, politician
- John Luk Jok, State Attorney
- Kerubino Kuanyin, original founder of the SPLA
- Deng Alor Kuol, National Foreign Minister
- Agnes Lasuba, activist
- Rebecca Nyandeng de Mabior, activist and widow of John Garang de Mabior
- Riek Machar, Vice President of the South Sudanese State
- James Hoth Mai, SPLA Chief of General Staff
- Nhial Deng Nhial, State Minister of the SPLA and Veteran's Affairs
- Paulino Matip Nhial, military leader and politician
- James Thelweng Mathiang Rok, businessman
- Angelina Teny, State Minister of Energy and Mining and wife of Riek Machar